Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Upon First Entry

Hello everyone who may have accidentally stumbled upon this blog. From this first entry I'll try to give you a heads up about what I'll be doing here.

The main point of this blog is to talk about the ups and downs of being a writer. First of all, note that I have not yet been published, and that is actually part of the reason I chose to start this. I have written a book that I am currently working on to get it to the point where I can send it to an agent, and I feel it would be helpful to any other aspiring writers who haven't even gotten as far as I have to know the steps to get here, and to have an understanding of the next steps I'll be following. Hopefully someone will be able to get published by either following my advice or completely ignoring it. Either way I'll have accomplished my goals.

Some things will be done here mainly for other writers. For instance, I know how difficult it is to find out how to format a manuscript, a query letter, etc. I only found out how to do all this right because of months and months of research in various books. I want to save you that time, and give you the chance to find out how to do such things by reading just one entry here. I'll try my best to provide good advice, and I hope that someone else will be willing to correct me the times I hand out bad advice. I'll try my best to help other aspiring writers who know even less then I do about the publishing industry take those baby steps toward one day being published.

I'll also talk a lot about my own writing. Occasionally I'll post a little story or something that I wrote just for fun. I rarely write such stories, but when I do I'll often post them here. Mostly, however, I'll talk about the book I'm currently working on. I'll take you through the steps of editing and creating a polished project. I won't reveal too much about this book or what it's about just yet. I will, however, give you a hint...

Beautiful, I know. I'll provide other tidbits later in much more descriptive detail. Not too much because I want you to read the book should it ever be released, but I'll tell you quite a bit.

Other then that I'll talk about the various parts of being a writer. The benefits and detractions of it. This can range from the many topics of writers block, loneliness, lack of motivation, the great thrill of getting a new great idea, how nice it is to be blessed with such a gift, battles with confidence, and many other things. I will note that I'm a married man, and any married writer knows that this is significant. It will be something that comes up in the future.

Anyway, that's all for now. Hope all readers find this blog enjoyable to read, and I hope you all have a lovely Thursday.

No comments: