Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Finally! a final edit

After much work I have finally finished my final edit of my book. Well, the final edit before I allow others to read it.

Initial page count: 485
Initial word count: aprox. 150,000

Final page count: 413
Final word count: 121,000

Just 1000 words above my goal, but I still managed to cut about 30,000 words, and that is significant. I believe this is worth celebrating. I suppose I can reveal something for the first time. The book's title.

Valden's Heir

Hey! It makes no sense to anyone besides me, right? Well, it will if you read the book, or once I decide to release more information. Sorry, but I'm paranoid about releasing too much information too fast. This is a very original idea, and I want to ensure it is never stolen.

Well, with that said, I've got to tweak a little guide I made for the book (mostly change page numbers), and then I have to decide who I will let read it, and what my parameters are. Don't want them taking a year to read it or anything. Have to make sure they know that.

Taylor

No comments: